Today is an exciting day for Federated Wireless as we launch another industry first – Private Wireless-as-a-Service – a new type of end-to-end managed service that enables enterprises to buy and deploy private 4G and 5G networks with a single click through the Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Marketplaces.
Private Wireless-as-a-Service represents a simple way for businesses to buy and deploy private wireless the same way that they buy, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure today – using cloud marketplaces.
The best part about this new CBRS-enabled service is that enterprises can benefit from accelerated private wireless network deployment with high-speed 4G/5G connectivity and strong security at minimum risk and capital expenditure. We take care of the installation, operation and management, delivering high performance, reliable five 9’s connectivity. No more complexity, no large number of components and vendors, no complicated integration processes with other networks and no big outlay for hardware and other equipment.
So what can an enterprise do with Private Wireless-as-a-Service?
Through the Amazon Web Service (AWS) Marketplace, managed connectivity can be purchased with a single click, or seamlessly integrated with the full range of IoT industrial automation, critical communications and security applications that AWS offers.
And, through the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, our connectivity service can be combined with a wide range of logistics, communications and security applications for manufacturing environments, again through a single click.
Today’s Enterprise customers are well-familiar with cloud marketplaces and can now directly leverage our extensive partner program and application ecosystem for end-to-end managed service integration.
Benefits of Private Wireless-as-a-Service
Our new private wireless Private Wireless-as-a-Service provides numerous unique benefits to the enterprise, including:
- Simplicity – Enterprises can order with one click the business connectivity services they need, with Federated Wireless delivering and managing the network and facilitating endpoint management
- Flexibility – Best-in-class ecosystem of solutions and partners to enable choice
- Reliability – Proven five 9s service level agreement for unsurpassed network reliability and performance
- Cloud Scale – Consistent, automated applications and streamlined processes for improved efficiency with infinite scalability
- Control – Comprehensive visibility into network performance and usage allows IT management to set granular network policies while maintaining secure control of networks and data
- Low Cost – High performance and reliability of 4G/5G technology delivered at enterprise Wi-Fi costs with a flat monthly fee
But is doesn’t stop there. The private wireless need and opportunity is enormous, and I expect to see many models develop to fill the demand. We will work with our MNO, MSO, Fixed Wireless and OEM customers and partners to take advantage of the lessons we learn on this journey to develop seamless private wireless services of their own. Our goal has always been to enable all our partners to take advantage of the CBRS opportunity.
I would like to wrap up by saying how proud I am of our team, and all that we have accomplished since we started this journey. Today, we have more than 31 customers currently offering commercial services and another 50 in development. We are the clear leader in deployment of CBRS shared spectrum.
Let me know what you think of our new service — we will continue to learn, innovate and reiterate. We are excited to continually move the industry forward and share our innovative thinking and solutions that are accelerating the capabilities of today’s digital enterprise.